Elevate Saint Andrew is dedicated to elevating lives in the communities we serve.
Join our dedicated team to help make Elevate Saint Andrew a Great Place to Work and Live!
Our kitchen team rocks and we are looking to add a dishwasher to our crew. If you are all about The Clean and are freaky about details, come check us out. This is how we roll:
YOUR ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Clean and maintain kitchen area, including:
- Setting up dish machine before and after meal service.
- Setting up silverware in the pre-soak tub after meals.
- Cleaning equipment, rolling racks, appliances, floors, drains, storage areas, refrigerators, freezers, storerooms, and sinks.
- Sweeping and mopping floors in the kitchen.
- Sweeping and mopping floors in the refrigerators, freezer, and storerooms.
- Stacking and soaking dirty dishes, pots, silverware, etc.; putting away in designated areas.
- Removing chipped china from service.
- Emptying trash containers; flatten boxes for trash removal.
- Assisting cooks with non-food preparation tasks as needed.
- Maintaining a clean, orderly, and safe kitchen and dining room environment
- Ensuring proper storage of equipment and handling of food to meet health department requirements.
- Following all Policies and Procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Organizing storeroom, freezers, and refrigerators on delivery days.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
AND SOME EXTRAS:
Actively supports good health and safety practices within area of responsibility as follows:
- Knows and follows established facility-wide health and safety procedures and rules.
- Maintains safe work area through good housekeeping and keeping safety equipment in good working condition.
- Actively participates in health and safety training, and demonstrates competency based on training received.
- Actively participates in accident, injury, and illness prevention activities.
- Identifies and corrects hazards and unsafe conditions.
- Participates in accident investigations as needed.
- Brings health and safety issues, unsafe acts, and safety suggestions to management’s attention or corrects those you can.
- Reinforces the use of good health and safety practices through positive recognition programs and disciplinary actions as needed.
THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- Demonstrated willingness to learn and work.
- Interest in working with the older population.
- Knowledge of Cleaning Standards in a commercial food operation.
- Ability to work assigned shifts including morning, evening, and weekend hours.
- Cross-trained to work meal service on the floors.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient in written and verbal English.
- Experience in maintaining a clean, safe kitchen area.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible / participate in teamwork and willingness to learn and work.
- Experience working with the older population.
- State of Illinois food handler certificate.
In return, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Elevate Saint Andrew is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for all employees; free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preferences, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
in Niles, United States